Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Day Seven . . . With or Without You?

Ok, so here's day seven!

Click the button for an
explanation of this challenge
And catch up by checking out Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5 and Day 6

Day Seven: Five Things You Couldn't Possibly Live Without

I think the key word here is THINGS because my first thought of what I can't live without is Nathan.  But people  don't count for this one.  Just Things.  And let's be honest, I'm sure I could live without everything I'm about to tell you, but I'm leaning more towards the things that I DON'T WANT to live without.  Here's my list, in no particular order:


1. My Our MacBook Pro
My husband will be the first one to tell you that I spend too much time on the laptop.  I do feel a need to check my Email, Facebook, Pinterest, and Google Reader Blog List regularly.  But I don't spend all my time on the internet.  Digital Scrapbooking is my creative outlet.  Nathan likes to say that I'm crafty in a "geeky" way, because I do it all on the computer!  

2. Books
I love reading!  I can easily get caught up in a make believe world and I love it!  When I'm in the middle of a good book or series, there is a part of me that actually lives in that world.  Books come alive for me and I love living in another world, even just for a short time.  One day I want my own beautiful home library!  For now, this will have to do



3. Kitchen Gadgets
I know.  I'm weird.  But I love all of my wonderful kitchen gadgets!!  My Mom has been selling Pampered Chef for about 5ish years and I love reaping the benefits!  For Christmas and Birthdays she has slowly been building my collection.  I also have a yearly Pampered Chef Show, allowing me to continue to fill my kitchen with fun and useful things.  Here are two of the gadgets I use almost everyday:

 
Large Bar Pan Stoneware
Food Chopper


4. Our Cars
I bought my first car when I was in grade 11 and have had my own car ever since (well mostly, anyway).  I love the freedom it gives me to have a vehicle.  Since we were married, Nathan and I have been lucky enough to have two cars, and I love it!  He takes one car to work and I have the other, allowing me to get groceries or run errands whenever I want and to work my weird schedule.  I know that we have been spoiled to have two cars, but I would not want to change that!  

5. Our PVR
This is another thing that I feel a bit bad writing as something I don't want to live without.  But it really does make our lives easier!  Let's face it, there are shows that Nathan and I love to watch each week.  But our schedules don't always allow for that, and we don't want a TV show decide what we are doing each night.  It is so nice to record the shows we want to watch and then to watch them when we have time, or when it is convient for us.  This has also been really nice for sports.  Nathan loves watching sports, anything from hockey (especially hockey) to football, basketball and even golf!  With the PVR, Nathan can record the game while we hang out together and then later watch that same 3 hour game in about half the time!  


Now that I've shared my list with you, I want you again to know that I COULD live without all of these things.  I know that there are more important things than a computer or TV.  I could easily make a list of those things that I honestly couldn't live without: My Husband, My Family, The Temple, The Gospel, The Book of Mormon.  I know that those are the most important things in my life, but I also wanted to share some of the not-so-important things that I love, so that you can see into my daily life a little better!

Ok - you know the drill!  Now it is your turn to share 5 things you couldn't possibly live without!  I'm excited to see what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Jacobi, first off let me tell you, I adore your beautiful name, so unique and fun, then the wedding..oh man...I LOVE the color scheme. You are a very creative lady. I have subscribed to your site and look forward to more fun from you.
    ~Kim
    myvintageromance1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacobi! I found you through Laura Wiebe's blog...it was exciting! Your blog is super cute! I'm definitely with you on the whole book thing. I get very absorbed in books - I can't wait till I'm finished school in December so that I can get back into reading something other than textbooks haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. I love: My iPhone, my PVR, the Diaper Genie, my minivan, and my dishwasher... or washing machine...

    ReplyDelete