Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Day Four and What I Believe

Welcome to Day Four of my 30 day challenge.  Click the button to see the explanation.


If you need to catch up, here's Day 1, Day2 and Day 3.

Day Four: A Favorite Quote

There is not a single quote that sticks out in my mind as a favorite.  For todays challenge I had to do some looking, and ended up finding a favorite by C.S. Lewis - 

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

I chose this quote to share today because I whole-heartedly agree with Mr. Lewis.  My testimony of Jesus Christ, my Saviour and Redeemer is such a huge part of who I am.  It is my faith in His Infinite Atonement, and my knowledge of our Heavenly Father's Great Plan of Happiness that gives purpose and direction to my life.  I am so blessed to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I know that it is Christ's Church, Restored to the earth.   Living the principles of the gospel, and making covenants with my Heavenly Father brings me joy, peace, and comfort.  

I am proud to be a Mormon and a Christian!

Your turn!  Do you have a favorite quote?

2 comments:

  1. I Love you JaC, yet you're falling behind.. my tip, I write my next days blog post every day before going to bed. It's how I keep up... great quote and great you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry in advance for spamming your blog. Here are my favorites.

    "Life is delightful when we have children to love." - Chloe Collin

    "I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

    Jenkins Lloyd Jones:
    “There seems to be a superstition among many thousands of our young [men and women] who hold hands and smooch in the drive-ins that marriage is a cottage surrounded by perpetual hollyhocks to which a perpetually young and handsome husband comes home to a perpetually young and [beautiful] wife. When the hollyhocks wither and boredom and bills appear the divorce courts are jammed. …

    “Anyone who imagines that bliss [in marriage] is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed.

    “[The fact is] most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. …

    “Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.

    “The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride” (“Big Rock Candy Mountains,” Deseret News, 12 June 1973, A4).

    "Other things may change us, but we begin and end with family." Anthony Brant

    ReplyDelete